Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thats all folks



Stenciling 159 country names is not recommended.
3/29/12
It is all over tomorrow. I am closing my service and going from volunteer to just some random dude. After writing reports, saying good-byes, and working like a man possessed to finished the world map, I am now wrapping things up at the Peace Corps office.
The map. I meant to do it long ago, I had been waiting for the school director to put down the base layer of cement. When he finally did, I only had about 10 days to do it, so that meant 8 hour workdays. All in all in turned out really well. There are lots of imperfections, but they aren't noticable from afar. I think the community really likes it, it is in the middle of town and is now like the town centerpiece. I overheard it sparking lots of Geography discussions; it will really help people learn where they are in the world. (Many can't even find El Salvador on a map.)
I said my good-byes on Monday. It didn't really make me sad, mostly because I have been ready to leave for some time. I will miss my host family, as I have gotten to know them very well (maybe too well) and they almost feel like real family.
Tuesday it is off to Mexico to start TEFL training. I may start I new blog to document my travels, stay tuned for the third blog of the trilogy.

1 comment: